BEST LONG DISTANCE MOVING COMPANIES IN WASHINGTON
Enter moving details and get your free no obligation best long distance moving companies quotes in Washington in seconds.
Compare and save
2020 Best Washington Movers & WA Moving Companies
Are you thinking of moving to Washington WA? Relocating can be a stressful experience regardless of what state you are moving to, especially if there is a long distance involved. Find a brief look at some of the pros and cons of moving to Washington, the potential costs involved and how to find the best movers in Washington for the job.
Whether you move to Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, or other cities, you can fill out our form and get the information about moving companies in Washington, its reputation and moving quotes for your relocation.
19 Movers in Washington
Find Best Movers In Other States
- Alabama (8)
- Alaska (2)
- Arizona (16)
- Arkansas (3)
- California (79)
- Colorado (17)
- Connecticut (6)
- Delaware (3)
- District Of Columbia (0)
- Florida (91)
- Georgia (15)
- Hawaii (0)
- Idaho (4)
- Illinois (44)
- Indiana (6)
- Iowa (5)
- Kansas (5)
- Kentucky (1)
- Louisiana (3)
- Maine (2)
- Maryland (23)
- Massachusetts (10)
- Michigan (18)
- Minnesota (8)
- Mississippi (1)
- Missouri (5)
- Montana (2)
- Nebraska (1)
- Nevada (8)
- New Hampshire (3)
- New Jersey (36)
- New Mexico (2)
- New York (34)
- North Carolina (7)
- North Dakota (0)
- Ohio (18)
- Oklahoma (6)
- Oregon (6)
- Pennsylvania (13)
- Rhode Island (5)
- South Carolina (7)
- South Dakota (0)
- Tennessee (16)
- Texas (54)
- Utah (9)
- Vermont (0)
- Virginia (19)
- Washington (19)
- West Virginia (0)
- Wisconsin (7)
- Wyoming (0)
Moving to Washington
Washington is an amazing state full of history. There is so much to see and do in Washington that you may have to remember it is your new home and that you are not a tourist! It is in the Pacific Northwest and is named after the first president of the United States, George Washington. It was admitted to the Union as the 42nd state in 1889. The state capital is Olympia and the largest city in the state is Seattle.
The Pros and Cons of Moving to Washington
- – One of the pros of moving to Washington is definitely the rich history. If you are looking for cultural pursuits such as art galleries, museums and theater, you will find all of them in abundance throughout Washington.
- – Another positive thing about Washington is the robust manufacturing industry which includes everything from aircraft and missiles to chemicals and metals. Perhaps it is as a result of these industries that the state consistently achieves one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.
- – If you like city life, Seattle is the place you want to be. It is a sprawling metropolis where approximately sixty-percent of Washington’s residents live. As with any major city, there is always something to see or do. If you are not into city life, Washington can still be for you. In the west of the state you can find peace and tranquility among the beautiful rainforests and mountain ranges there.
- – Perhaps it is inevitable that living in a state like Washington comes with generally higher living costs than most other states. The demand for housing in desirable locations is some of the strongest in the country.
- – The weather isn’t great. According to data derived from the The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration you can expect less sunshine in Washington than in a lot of other states.
- – Washington’s crime rate is not great and is frequently among the worst in the country. As with anywhere it else, a lot depends on the area you live in. Choose more affluent neighborhoods and you won’t have to worry about the rate of crime.
Main Cities In Washington
- Seattle never sleeps. If you watch the movies it easy to think that Seattle is the only city in Washington but, of course, there are many cities in Washington all boasting their own strengths and weaknesses. Seattle is by far the biggest. It is a seaport with a population of around 600,000 people. Along with the traditional industries Washington state is associated with, Seattle boasts a growing influence in the information technology and biotechnology industries. Jeff Bezos founded Amazon in Seattle.
- Spokane is Washington’s second biggest city with a population of just over 200,000 people. It is located near a lot of lakes and rivers that provide the perfect venue for outdoor water sports and other recreational activities. The main industries were once logging, mining and agriculture but more recently Spokane has moved more towards service-based industries.
- Bellevue is Washington’s fifth biggest city with a population of around 125,000 people. It is located in King County and boasts a bustling business center that employs over 45,000 people. Like all the other cities in Washington, there is always something to see or do.
The Average Cost of Moving To Washington
The average cost of moving to Washington largely depends on where you are moving from, how much stuff you have to move, and which moving company you use.
There are, however, a number of other factors that affect what it costs you to move. These include:
- 1. Moving Date: It’s easy to overlook this critical factor but the date you move can dramatically affect the price. If you need to move on the weekend, for example, you are likely to pay more than if you can move during the week. Likewise, there are certain times of the year that moving companies are more in demand and, as a result, prices are more expensive.
- 2. Travel Fees: This is the travel and labor costs of the movers you choose to do the job for you and your own travel costs, especially if you intend making three or four trips back and forth. These costs soon mount up.
- 3. Additional Tasks: If there are any additional tasks you request such as the disassembling and reassembling of furniture, moving special items like aquariums and so on, this will also impact your overall costs.
- 4. Storage: If your new home is not big enough to store everything, or you just want to leave some of your things in storage for a certain amount of time, this will also have a cost attached.
- 5. Liability Coverage: Most reputable moving companies either recommend, or even insist, on you having some sort of liability coverage in case your possessions should become lost or damaged. There are different levels of coverage and, of course, different costs.
These are all factors to take into consideration when calculating how much it is likely to cost you when you move. Ensure that you get the best price by looking for the best movers in Washington, which brings us to the next point:
How to Choose a Moving Company
When it comes to choosing a company to deal with your move, you want to be sure not only that you are getting a professional service but also that you are getting good value for money. Here are a few things you can do in order to ensure that when you are looking for Washington moving companies, you get a good deal:
- 1. Check the company’s website. How does it look? Do they appear professional? What guarantees of good service do they offer?
- 2. Check their online reviews across different sites.Do the reviews look genuine? Are people generally happy with the service? What negatives, if any, are people pointing out?
- 3. Call them for a chat.Nothing beats talking to someone to help determine whether they are the right company for the job. How knowledgeable do they seem? How much experience do they have?
- 4. Clarify availability dates.It is easy for you or the company to get dates muddled. Ensure you have got your dates right and ensure that they are available on that date.
- 5. Confirm the price.In some cases moving companies won’t commit to a price on the phone until they have seen how much stuff you have to move and exactly what is involved. Let them do their job and give them any information they need so that you get an accurate price that you can agree on. The last thing you want is any hidden or additional costs.
When it comes to moving, you may want the best movers in Washington. They are not just shipping cargo, after all, they are moving your world and that takes special care and consideration. The easiest way to find a good, reputable company is to take a look on our site and find the perfect fit for you.
Benefits of Hiring Washington Moving Company
Moving to Washington doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. Before starting your search, make sure you’ve gone through the following:
1. They Have More Experience Than You
Do you know how to maneuver an extra-wide couch through a standard door frame? Professional movers do — they go through intensive training so they can handle your belongings with ease. They can box up smaller belongings so that they’re transferred safely across the country.
2. It’s More Efficient
You’d probably have to spend weeks packing up your house if you did it by yourself. Bringing in a professional moving service means that you put that responsibility on someone else. And, because they’re pros, they can quickly box and package everything you own. They’ll be equally as efficient when you arrive at your new home. Cross-country moving companies will quickly unload and unpack your items in the right rooms.
3. It’s Safer
It’s easy to hurt yourself while carrying heavy items — unless you know what you’re doing. Professional movers do, and they will carefully transport your things — no need to hurt yourself in the process of moving.
4. They Have the Equipment
On that note, professional movers will have the tools required to move your belongings with ease. They can stack a half-dozen boxes on a dolly and roll them into your house. They’ll also have tarps and moving blankets to keep things padded and protected from water. If you did it yourself, you’d have to buy all of this equipment on your dime.
5. You’ll Have Peace of Mind
Finally, knowing that a professional company is handling your cross-country move will give you peace of mind. Studies have shown that moving is one of life’s most stressful events. Taking some of that strain off of your shoulders is advisable. Hiring someone to helm part of the move will surely reduce stress pre-move.