BEST LONG DISTANCE MOVING COMPANIES IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Enter moving details and get your free no obligation best long distance moving companies quotes in South Carolina in seconds.
Compare and save
2020 Best South Carolina Movers & SC Moving Companies
Irrespective of the place you choose to settle in South Carolina. You will need to know some good to have information like the main cities of the state, the average cost of moving, the best movers in South Carolina, etc. Having to read the reviews of South Carolina moving companies can get you the best movers in SC.
Whether you move to Charleston, Columbia, Mount Pleasant, Rock Hill, or other cities, you can fill out our form and get the information about moving companies in South Carolina, its reputation and moving quotes for your relocation.
7 Movers in South Carolina
Find Best Movers In Other States
- Alabama (8)
- Alaska (2)
- Arizona (16)
- Arkansas (3)
- California (79)
- Colorado (17)
- Connecticut (6)
- Delaware (3)
- District Of Columbia (0)
- Florida (91)
- Georgia (15)
- Hawaii (0)
- Idaho (4)
- Illinois (44)
- Indiana (6)
- Iowa (5)
- Kansas (5)
- Kentucky (1)
- Louisiana (3)
- Maine (2)
- Maryland (23)
- Massachusetts (10)
- Michigan (18)
- Minnesota (8)
- Mississippi (1)
- Missouri (5)
- Montana (2)
- Nebraska (1)
- Nevada (8)
- New Hampshire (3)
- New Jersey (36)
- New Mexico (2)
- New York (34)
- North Carolina (7)
- North Dakota (0)
- Ohio (18)
- Oklahoma (6)
- Oregon (6)
- Pennsylvania (13)
- Rhode Island (5)
- South Carolina (7)
- South Dakota (0)
- Tennessee (16)
- Texas (54)
- Utah (9)
- Vermont (0)
- Virginia (19)
- Washington (19)
- West Virginia (0)
- Wisconsin (7)
- Wyoming (0)
Moving to South Carolina
Do you have plans to settle at Palmetto State? Must be thinking, where in the world is this place, never heard of it. Well, you are not the only one wondering, it got us too. So to tell you more, this is a beautiful southern state, with a rich history and diverse culture. Whether it is the low country by the coast, or it is the upcountry because of the mountains. Moving to South Carolina is all about hospitality and don’t forget the palm trees.
It is always good to know about employment opportunities when moving to South Carolina. Charleston, a major city with multiple job opportunities, When you compare the employment rate here, it is much better than many other cities.
Columbia is the next largest city, it is filled with huge parks and botanical gardens is a good place to move. The cost may be a limiting factor.
If you are someone who wants a life in the heart of nature, here are some names for you. Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, and the other. The next is Forest Acres, is a great place for kids, with many parks and a suburban feel, this place is ideal for nature lovers. Fort Mill is the next on our list – With many employment opportunities as well as social opportunities, this place is perfect to settle with a family. Irmo a small suburban town with good kind people, with a low crime rate, this place is a haven.
Pros and Cons of moving to South Carolina
Let us look into the Pros first
- – The people of South Carolina are very friendly.
- – The weather out there is fantastic.
- – The state is low on the gas tax.
- – Options for outdoor activities are ample.
- – If you kids who are moving to South Carolina with you, options for good schools are in abundance.
- – Charleston is the oldest city, and it has a history to tell in every street. The best part, the state is low on crime and property taxes.
With that being said, you also need to know the flip side. Let us look at some of the Cons.
- – Well, to start with the lifestyle expenses are on the higher side
- – Hurricanes can be a cause of worry, and floodings are often associated with it.
- – Just a word of caution insects can get you annoyed and alligators may be your summing pool pet. So watch out!
The average cost of moving to South Carolina
Let us look into three different ways moving to South Carolina.
1. You hire a moving company that will offer you full service, now depending on the type of property you choose the rates will vary. A studio apartment would require two movers, the cost for two hours is approximately $365, estimated time required to move is about three hours, so that makes it about $434. We have done some similar estimates and this is what it looks like. For a 1 bedroom house, you can end up spending up to $515, for 2 bedrooms it is $844, a 3 bedroom house moving will cost you around $1195. Hope you have got some idea now.
2. You just rent a truck, here your costs are low, but mind you the efforts have to be all yours. So assuming it is a 3 bedroom, you will be paying about $40 to $50 as the rental. Similarly, if it is a bigger apartment like a 5 bedroom, it can cost you somewhere in the range of $75 to $135.
3. You rent a storage container (portable), so what you do is fill up the container by yourself in your current city, and then the company stores it for you, once you finalize a place to stay in the new city, the company will deliver it to you. One container can store items for 3 bedrooms, and it will cost you about $190 or so.
How Can South Carolina Moving Companies Reviews Help You
It is estimated that the overall cost of moving to South Carolina can range between $2000 to $6000 depending on various factors. It is always good to read reviews about movers. Doing a little research always helps so reading reviews will let you know about the company like
- – Their Clientele.
- – What the customers have to say about their experiences.
- – The number of customer reviews tells you the amount of business the company is doing.
- – The oldest review can give you some idea about how long the company is in business etc.
Finally, we hope that we have been able to help you with a rough idea about how to go about this shifting. Remember when it is moving to a new place, it is all about knowing the place and its culture. Hope you have a pleasant one! Thank you for reading.
Benefits of Hiring South Carolina Moving Company
Moving to South Carolina doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. Before starting your search, make sure you’ve gone through the following:
1. They Have More Experience Than You
Do you know how to maneuver an extra-wide couch through a standard door frame? Professional movers do — they go through intensive training so they can handle your belongings with ease. They can box up smaller belongings so that they’re transferred safely across the country.
2. It’s More Efficient
You’d probably have to spend weeks packing up your house if you did it by yourself. Bringing in a professional moving service means that you put that responsibility on someone else. And, because they’re pros, they can quickly box and package everything you own. They’ll be equally as efficient when you arrive at your new home. Cross-country moving companies will quickly unload and unpack your items in the right rooms.
3. It’s Safer
It’s easy to hurt yourself while carrying heavy items — unless you know what you’re doing. Professional movers do, and they will carefully transport your things — no need to hurt yourself in the process of moving.
4. They Have the Equipment
On that note, professional movers will have the tools required to move your belongings with ease. They can stack a half-dozen boxes on a dolly and roll them into your house. They’ll also have tarps and moving blankets to keep things padded and protected from water. If you did it yourself, you’d have to buy all of this equipment on your dime.
5. You’ll Have Peace of Mind
Finally, knowing that a professional company is handling your cross-country move will give you peace of mind. Studies have shown that moving is one of life’s most stressful events. Taking some of that strain off of your shoulders is advisable. Hiring someone to helm part of the move will surely reduce stress pre-move.